So, in response to my request for shoulder moments. I asked Jerry what he would like from me. Here is what he wrote. We will be reading both our pages every day.
- Collaboration between both of us.
- Patience from her for Jerry’s physical health issues.
- Patience from him for Robin’s mental health issues.
- Explain each other’s prospective completely before rebuttal starts.
- Allow time for each one of us to respond to the issue at hand.
- No personal attacks from each other.
- Work towards compromise with each other in decision-making.
- Ask for forgiveness rather than being judgmental with each other.
Keep it to the issue at hand and take responsibility for a mistake.
(this item is still under discussion)
- Honor agreements with each other and re-visit agreements when one
of us is unable to comply as agreed.
- We need to define actual needs from wants that pop up from time to time.
- If anyone is making noise between 11 pm and 7 am it is that person’s
responsibility to go to a separate room and close the door.
- Take responsibility for our own actions.
- Having a basis of mutual respect in the marriage.
This is pretty complicated for me so I asked him to take the reins and let me know when I cross over a line.